=======from Frans Pop <elendil(a)planet.nl>==
A week since the planning was posted, time for an update.
Thanks to James, the upload of d-i was processed very quickly. Since then
various, mostly minor issues have been identified and resolved.
We are now at the stage where final tests before the release can be done
for all arches, so if you have some time, please run an installation on
your favorite architecture(s).
Please file an installation report with your results, or, if you are a d-i
team member, update  directly.
Beta 3 candidate images are available from the following locations:
Full CD and DVD images:
links "weekly snapshot" images on 
Netinst and businesscard CD images:
links to "daily built" images on 
the "daily" images now point to the etch_d-i builds 
Images for other installation methods:
- S/390 Beta 3 candidate images are broken; will be fixed with next upload
- Lowmem settings in Beta 3 images are not yet correct; see below
On Monday 24 July 2006 11:52, Frans Pop wrote:
One important TODO item is updates to debian-cd,
architectures that are dropping 2.4 support in d-i. If your
architecture needs such changes, please contact me. Joey and Steve can
probably help with the changes where needed.
As far as we know all needed updates in debian-cd have been made and
successful builds for all types of CD images are now available. A fair
amount of changes were needed, so please test CD-based installs.
All this does mean that the current lowmem levels need
for all architectures. The good news is that memory requirement for a
"bare" install (lowmem level 2) looks be hardly changed.
An updated lowmem was uploaded today and will be included in the final
upload for Beta 3. The "level 1" limits have been increased substantially
for all arches. For a few arches "level 2" limits have been adjusted as
We will need to get back to this before the RC releases.
We are mostly running according to schedule.
29 Jul Last chance to upload udebs for inclusion in
Last expected uploads (localechooser and lowmem) now done.
30 Jul Testbuild of weekly images (using d-i images
Images for all architectures are now available.
1 Aug Final upload of d-i images
There is one
issue that will probably delay the final upload of d-i
images. A new upstream version of directfb was uploaded recently which
FTBFS on powerpc. This breaks builds of d-i on arches which support the
graphical installer. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
2- 5 Aug Testing
This can already start now.
2 Aug Last chance to upload udebs not included in
4- 6 Aug Preparation of release notes, errata, etc.
5 Aug Migration of d-i to testing
6 Aug CD builds
7 Aug Release
Will slip too depending on when the issue mentioned above is
 If you need to test sid_d-i images (using daily built d-i images), use
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----