It is very difficult to tell you exactly what the problem is without looking
Is squid the only difference between users in your company and your place?
From the problems you are talking about, the http
headers that are coming
from squid are not set the way they are set from your
Just do a diff between the headers with and without squid for the same page
to do further analysis on the problem.
Please look into the squid configuration that is in place and do the
On 10/31/07, rohit bhute <rvbhute(a)gmail.com> wrote:
We are facing a peculiar problem. I'm providing as much details
as I can. Even so, tell me if I should provide more info.
LAMP server before install - RHEL 3 with Apache 2, PHP 4, MySQL 4.
After install - RHEL 5, Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5.0.2
The problem we are facing is the site performing badly when
accessed from certain locations - from our corporate LAN,
which is behind Squid. Certain colleagues in other companies (we
suspect behind they are also behind Squid or some proxy) also
reported with gemeric messages like "site isn't loading".
Some symptoms are:
1. Images, CSS, JS files not loading or loading incompletely.
2. If we view source, we see the HTML is fully downloaded, but not
2. PHP pages being asked to be saved (the saved pages are blank)
This problem is prominently noticeable in PHPMyAdmin.
3. The performance improves 9may be illusion) over time, but any new
drastic changes brings it to square one.
4. Awstats page takes forever to load comletely.
5. Sometimes the sites are inaccessible in toto.
6. Files not downloading through FTP (even 200K fails).
The perplexing thing is I and my colleague have accessed the server
from home (Triband and cable net respectively) and everything works!
We don't know what the problem is, where it is, etc.
Rohit V. Bhute