Position: Internship :: Linux Systems and Network Administrator.
At Silver Arc Solutions, we have a couple of Internship positions in the
Linux Systems and Network administration area. We are looking for individuals
who are self starters, have a thirst for knowledge and are willing to learn.
The internship program varies from 3 to 6 months depending upon individual
aptitude and progress in assignments. Upon successful completion of
the Internship program,
individuals will be inducted as “Trainee Systems and Network Administrator.”
Experience: Freshers 3 to 6 months hands on exposure to the Linux Command Line
Interface (CLI) tools and basic shell scripting. You should have done at least
one Linux installation on your own, understand the basic concepts of
and the configuration of video, audio and network components in a computer.
Personality: Quick learner, multi-tasking, hands on and proactive.
Ability to anticipate
needs and implement improvements in processes a plus.
Communication: Must be able to articulate your thoughts in English and
documentation and/or presentations of the tasks undertaken.
Education: BCA, MCA, B.Tech CS, B.Tech IT or equivalent.
Job Location: Mumbai Western Suburbs.
Stipend: NONE during the internship period.
Relocation Package: NONE.
What you are expected to learn during the internship period:
1. Installation, administration, troubleshooting setups of major Linux
2. A broad knowledge of the Linux command line tools specific to
system and network administration.
3. bash/sh – develop scripts to automate administration tasks.
4. Networking - LAN, WAN, VPN, subnets, supernets, CIDR, routing,
Unix/ Linux/ Windows inter-operability.
5. Install and configure services like DNS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP, POP3,
IMAP, NFS, Proxy Server, and Samba.
6. Monitoring and analyzing system logs. Create summary reports on
errors and warnings.
7. Data backup - automation and management of backups.
8. Security - securing Linux and MS Windows hosts.
After successfully completing the internships, you will be working in
the following areas:
1. Directory Services (LDAP/Samba4 Active Directory).
2. Host/Network monitoring using Host/Network monitoring tools like
Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, openNMS.
3. Management of multiple systems with ansible, salt.
4. Knowledge of SELinux, AppArmor.
5. Knowledge of php and/or python.
6. Virtualization (KVM, openVZ, LXC, Docker) and more.
Interested individuals, please fill out the form below:
Please note: do *not* respond to the mailing list or to the email id herein.
Only those who fill up the form will considered for the short list for
About Us: Silver Arc Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd. is located in the
western suburbs of Mumbai, India.
We are a multi-faceted consulting company providing cost effective
turnkey solutions in
Information Technology, Management Information Systems and Telecom
projects. We offer a work
environment that will always keep you technically challenged and
provide opportunity for technical
and personal growth.
Thanks and regards,
-- Arun Khan
Show replies by date