On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 06:19 +0000, Rony Bill wrote:
This is a little embarasing to ask as something as
simple as triband is not getting setup in linux. On
the day we met at Bandra, later I tried it out at my
uncle's place and no success. Now I got it at my place
and I tried dhcp as well as static ip but nothing
works. In dhcp, the dns becomes 192.168.1.1 instead of
mtnl's dns, so I made it static but no result.
/etc/resolv.conf show the 2 dns entries.
The unit should work irrespective of the Client OS. However, your
symptoms are similar to what I experienced with the first DLink modem I
got from MTNL. It RIP'd a short while thereafter. Of course, MTNL will
not replace until it bellies up. Hopefully, you have better luck with
1. Firmware version of the modem? (hint: status>device info). If
not V2.00B01T01.ML.20050530, upgrade from DLink/India website.
2. Disable DNS relay and DHCP in the modem, on client systems apply
static IP and MTNL's DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf. This
worked for me for a while until the modem went kaput. In the
replaced unit I have done the same deal.
3. If the above does not work, then "reset" the unit (a small
switch at the back) to factory defaults. Before you "reset"
note the settings for PVC0 (home>wan). After unit reboots, you
will have to re-enter your PPPoE login data and save it.
4. You can try DLink Tech support but don't raise your expectations
for them to solve your problem.
Linux is like a wigwam - no gates, no windows, apache inside