systems, using GNOME as the default desktop
environment (others such as
XFCE or KDE are available post installation).
Short list of changes (full list available via SVN log):
- Installer now supports two more filesystems
- GLX re-introduced
- changed description of -updates and -backports in "Software Sources"
- use linux-image-generic instead of linux-image-386
- lsb_release output corrected
- GNU Icecat repo available via Software Sources
- Substantial code restructuring
- CD isos have had their naming format changed
- Usplash packaging cleaned up, helping portability
- Contents-$ARCH.gz files are generated
To coincide with this release, a new skin has been applied; we hope you
As always, we're in #gnewsense on irc://chat.freenode.net
More details about gNewSense can be found at http://www.gnewsense.org
Karl Goetz, on behalf of the gNewSense dev, art and web teams.
On a personal note, I'd like to ask you not to find major regressions
in my first release.