Sometime today, LInux LOver wrote:
i guess i can share some experience....
Let's see what the average joe (aj) will say in
1) You do not need to reboot frequently.....
But I don't mind rebooting frequently. I usually
shut down my system after checking my mail. That's
like 4-5 times a day.
2) While using Xwindow you get 4 Desktops whereas in
windows you get only one.
Uh, ok. Interesting.
3) Free Support from mailing lists.
What's a mailing list? :-/
4) You get to know more about your hardware....
I am not quite interested in knowing more about my
hardware. I have better things to do. Really.
5) Better Internet Connectivity....
6) Better Hardware Detection with Redhat 7.1 (my
Oh no, I am fine. My vendor does all the
installation for me, so I don't have to bother with
things like "hardware detection".
7) Better Sound Quality if the Sound Card is
I hope my sound card is supported by Linux. If it's
not, I'm not even touching Linux.
"Someone's been mean to you! Tell me who it is, so I
can punch him tastefully."
-- Ralph Bakshi's Mighty Mouse