The Linux Standard Base version 3.2 has been released. Release notes
are available here:
The specification itself is available here:
The test suites and SDK can be downloaded from our FTP site. More
information is available at:
This release of the LSB has many fixes and features, including:
* New "trial use" modules, replacing the former "optional" modules.
* Initial support for printing.
* Initial support (as trial use) for ALSA.
* Support for Perl and Python as first-class languages for Linux apps.
* Several freedesktop.org
standards, including menus and icon themes.
* Support for the Portland project's xdg-utils as trial use.
* Promotion of Qt 4 to a required part of the standard, and
deprecation of Qt 3.
* FreeType support, through both FreeType and the Xft X extension.
* XRender support.
More details are available in the release notes.
In addition, a new certification process has been introduced in time for
Section 16  should be of interest :)
The KDE Project : http://www.kde.org
KDE India : http://in.kde.org
Mailing List : http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-india